Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Monkeys as Pets -_-

 I think a monkey or any other wild animal should never be kept as a pet. A wild animal cannot be tamed and at any given time they can turn on you. For instance,Snezhana Dautova a trainer from the Ukraine, got mauled by her "own" tiger while rehearsing before a show.Wild animals are unpredictable and monkeys can do the exact same thing. Although they may not be as deadly as a tiger or whale, monkeys are a lot smarter and capable of doing a lot more. Monkeys are NOT pets!

3 comments:

  1. I could not find your " if you were tall", so I'll just comment here.
    I know what you mean by starring at someone THAT tall, but I would not necessarily treat them like a freak. To me, they're still human--just taller. So, respect is the number one rule for me. Also, feel free to give me suggestions next time you comment =]
    Comments on Monkey:
    I agree with you that monkeys do not make good pets.
    Suggestions:
    ' any other wild animal should never be used as a pet. ' The use of "used" could be replaced with "kept". Because when you say 'used' I think people are taking advantage of them and not treated like house animals.
    'time can turn on you' I suggest inserting a 'they' betweem 'time' and 'can'. Just to make it more clear.
    'These animals are wild and unpredictable'. I suggest saying "Wild animals are unpredictable" so that the reader will not think you're talking about other animals that are not wild, and to get rid of superfluous(unnecessary) words.
    ' While they may not be as deadly' I suggested " Though" or "Although" in the place of 'while'
    Overall, I like your writing style. Your diction(word choice) and syntax( grammar, sentence structure) is great; you're idea is clearly stated. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help and corrections!!
    English is your forte and next time I will make sure to give suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete