I think sixteen is an appropriate age for most teenagers, keyword "Most". If you are brought up right with the proper teaching and knowledge , sixteen is a very mature age. Allowing teenagers to get their license at this age teaches us responsibility and gives us a lifelong experience that we will never forget. Raising the age allowance for teens would not do anything/change anything for the better, the government must allow us to grow and learn. We all make mistakes, but it's how you learn and progress from them that makes you a better person.
Driving at sixteen gives us teens so much responsibility that can make or break a person. From personal experience, this has given me the proper tools to succeed in life. I believe that my peers should also be given the chance to go through the exact same thing. Back in the day, our parents did not have this luxury, now we have the opportunity to show our responsible side. Many people/elders believe that our generation is not prepared for the real world. Allowing us to drive is one of the many ways we can show that we are responsible and properly prepared in life. Not only does this show responsibility but it gives us a life skill that we will never forget.
Getting your permit at fifteen and a half, then going for your license at sixteen is a once in a life time chance. Not everybody has the opportunity to experience this and the government trying to take this away would be a big mistake. Taking this away would end up sheltering teens, almost as if the government does not want us to grow up/mature. Giving teens the responsibility to drive, ultimately shows us that our parents will not always be there to hold our hands. We need to get out and begin to take chances in life and make decisions without our parents right over our shoulders giving us guidance. In my case, I think having the task of being behind the wheel of a motor vehicle changed my life in many ways.
Being behind the wheel allowed me to see the different dangers I might potentially encounter in life. It also shaped me into the person I am becoming. After driving school and the behind the wheel test; I believe that I am smarter, more open-minded, and self aware of my surroundings. If I would of missed out on this experience because of the governments rule, my life would not be the same. Since I have my license, I am less dependent on my parents and I can handle my own situations without relying on them.
If the government passed a law restricting teenagers from getting their license, they would make a huge mistake. This would take away valuable skills that could of been used in the near future. Allowing teens to drive would also give us a head start in all that we do. Driving at sixteen makes someone more mature compared to someone who did not experience this. Getting your license now is a lot more than just having a card allowing you to drive a car without parental supervision, it has evolved to something much more. It is now a vital part in growing up and maturing due to the simple fact that you have so much responsibility in your hands, you have no other choice but to.
'f you are brought up right with the proper teaching and knowledge , sixteen is a very mature age.'---Very good point!
ReplyDeleteRegarding your use of "I": You can use it, there is no law saying you cant. However, it will only make your thoughts seem more of an opinion rather than fact. That's the only down part.
'us teens' I suggest teenagers. "Also, it helped shape me into my future self."
'After driving school and the behind the wheel test;' --no need for a semicolon, since it is only modifying you and your accomplishments. Use a semicolon when its an independent sentence, connecting to another related independent sentence. Be sure to watch out for that next time :]
'It also shaped me into the person I am becoming.' I suggest saying " It
Once again I have to thank you for the corrections I miss, I guess this is why they say its good to have someone else read your work.
ReplyDeletelol, yeah. :)
ReplyDelete